Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM1150V Upstream Channel Problem with Xfinity

brianiup
Guide

yeah,

Comcast is in the process of reverting me back to 2.02.03 after they said they could not reporduce it themselves.... which is funny since I can reproduce it just fine with two CM1150V modems at two different houses (but on the same CMTS) we will see if it goes right back to where it was when they get the firmware upgraded again

Message 26 of 34
ChallD
Aspirant

Any updates on this - I get intermittent outages all the time and the uplink is still flashing green (although all channels are locked)?  Comcast has changed the entire line, switched my port, and I am still experiencing intermittent (but regular) internet drops (ever 2 hours or less).

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 27 of 34
FURRYe38
Guru

Would be best to contact NG support if you've had the ISP check the lines and signal up to the modem. 

@ChallD wrote:

Any updates on this - I get intermittent outages all the time and the uplink is still flashing green (although all channels are locked)?  Comcast has changed the entire line, switched my port, and I am still experiencing intermittent (but regular) internet drops (ever 2 hours or less).

Message 28 of 34
Scott_UU
Star

@ChallD wrote:

If the modem status all looks fine (channels locked, online LED solid)...   Then the "every 2 hours or less" outage would make me suspect a DHCP issue rather than anything with the modem.  You should have a single device (Router) connected directly to the modem, with a good quality Cat6 cable, with no switches/hubs in between.  Some Router firmwares have a few optional settings for the DHCP client, so check those as well if your ISP has any special requirements.      

Message 29 of 34
brianiup
Guide

Can you guys that are having issues with flashing upload led's after online report the issues to comcast direct at DSLReports? ComcastGeno there has an open ticket with me and netgear on this issue and the more detail they get the better

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/comcastdirect

Message 30 of 34
Scott_UU
Star

@brianiup wrote:

Can you guys that are having issues with flashing upload led's after online report the issues to comcast direct at DSLReports? ComcastGeno there has an open ticket with me and netgear on this issue and the more detail they get the better

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/comcastdirect

I will give it a shot...   I worked with a Comcast rep (via their forum's direct messaging) and had a ticket open with Negear.  Both did a lot of finger pointing at the other, and both eventually ended with no resolution -- my speeds and reliability are fine, so both took a "don't worry about it" attitude in the end.   But either something is wrong (like a channel flagged unusuable, though still locked) OR the firmware is reporting a problem when there isn't one.

Message 31 of 34
brianiup
Guide

Netgear had comcast put a test firmware on my modem and it actually solved all the issues... just got it tonight, no more partial service no more flashing upstream LED

Message 32 of 34
Scott_UU
Star

@brianiup wrote:

Netgear had comcast put a test firmware on my modem and it actually solved all the issues... just got it tonight, no more partial service no more flashing upstream LED

Cool!  Did they give any indication of how close that version is to production release?

Message 33 of 34
brianiup
Guide

no idea, but the firmware does seem to have an impact on my download speed.... I'm getting about 70% of my normal speed down but 100% of my normal upload speed

Message 34 of 34
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 33 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7