Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM1150V modem frequent and long reconnects more recently - upstream channel issue.

decosse
Apprentice

Re: CM1150V modem frequent and long reconnects more recently - upstream channel issue.

So my problem re-appeared 

It had been working perfectly for 4 months since they interceded over at the main box on the street. 

Then I started having internmittent problems about 3 weeks ago - saw a tech truck over on the main road; he said they had just replaced an amplifier board and had been working on 'other line issues on that whole section 

Well my Upstream Power levels were back at 48 again and error log full of the T3 timeouts and other errors 

Got an XB7 from Comcast and its perfect again. 

I am now convinced that the problem is indeed line-based HOWEVER the CM1150V is MUCH more sensitive to this than the XB7 (or per @Talisman12 the Arris) 

So - is this really a CM1150V design issue? 

Or a Line issue where it just happens to be exposed on the Netgear ........ 

I don't know how accurate the reported power levels are in the modem GUI but it's interesting to note that my levels in the Netgear were 48 dBmV  vs 41 on the XB7. 

Message 26 of 27
TrunkMonkey
Tutor

After so many outages and time wasted with Comcast, they sent me an XB7 which I'm reluctantly renting and using while we work from home. Even when the upstream signal was above 48 dBmV, the XB7 doesn't require a hard reboot to get it back online. 

When the tech came out he said signal at the point of entry were fine, but inside the cable on my home's point of entry, he ended up replacing the splitter, some connectors and a ground.  Now my upstream signal is stable at an average of 42 dBmV on the XB7. 

From having researched this problem for so many months, I do think the 1150v is much more sensitive to high upstream signals than the XB7 and likely any other non-Netgear modem.  When work settles down, I'll try to reactivate the 1150v and hope that the upstream signal never reaches 48 dBmV again, tanking my network.  

Message 27 of 27
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7