Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM1150V wont bind all upstream channels after upgade to firmware 2.02.03 (Partial service)

brianiup
Guide

CM1150V wont bind all upstream channels after upgade to firmware 2.02.03 (Partial service)

My service was working fine with 32 downstream 3 upstream and 1 OFDM channel locked under firmware 1.01 right after the upgrade to 2.02.03 the service is saying "partial service" and showing upsteam channels incorrectly locked.

The upstream channels are seeing the frequencies they need but not locking apparently? see attached screenshot

If I plug any other DOCSIS 3 or 3.1 modem into the same coax connection I get all 3 upstream channels locked on the same frequencies.

Is this a UI bug? are the channels locked or not? I have no upstream speed problems

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 1 of 17
ccopmpNB
Aspirant

Re: CM1150V wont bind all upstream channels after upgade to firmware 2.02.03 (Partial service)

I'm haing the same issue. Only  one of the 4 upstream channels will lock. Using a Comcast provided modem, all channels lock without issue. Cabling was replace by L3 tech and all signals scanned. Currently had to swap back to a Comcase gateway. Hopefully, it's just a firmware issue and I can get the Netgear back in service. I tried a 2nd CM1150V and had the same issue

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 2 of 17
brianiup
Guide

Yeah, I can put any other modem on the same line and it lockes to all 3 upstream channels perfectly and no T-3 or T-4 errors in the even log... plug in the CM1150V and upstream won't lock more then 1 channel, partial service and upstream light blinks... it worked perfecetly up until the modem upgreated to 2.02.03 immediatly (littearly after the firmware updated) after that the problem started.

Sometimes it will lock one channel then channel 2 will try to lock on the same frequency and even list it as the 2nd one's frequency which is wrong. Maybe that is their bug?

and I get constant T-3 and T-4 errors since the firmware upgrade, cable tech says signals and lines are perfect. on an Arris modem I don't see any of these T-3 and T-4 errors..

Message 3 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Contact the ISP and see if they can downgrade the FW. Tell them that the problem started after the recent FW update. The ISP should be able to fix this. 

Message 4 of 17
brianiup
Guide

Comcast wont do that unless it's causing a major service disruption... and from everyone I've talked to "your internet still works" therefore it isn't one

ontop of that they basically try to guilt you with this problem into renting one of their crappy gateways instead

Message 5 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Well they will have to check this since its on there system and there resposible for good operation and maintaining FW. You can try contacting NG to see if they have any suggestions or if this is a known issue. You might try another same model cablemodem to see if the problem continues. Could be bad HW as well. Try a CM1100 modem and see if it does the same thing. If it does, then both NG and CC need to address this. 

Message 6 of 17
brianiup
Guide

I've tried an Arris SBV3202, Motorola MB8600 and a Netgear CM1100 none of them showed this issue plugged into the same coax port...

I tried a second CM1150V and it displayes the same symptoms

Message 7 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Then thats something NG and CC will have too look into then. 

Good Luck. 

Message 8 of 17
brianiup
Guide

I got someone at a higher level to revert my modem to firmware version 1.01.07 and everything is working fine again... I have 32 downstream bonded, 3 upstream and 1 ODFM downstream bonded.

How do we report this firmware bug to netgear? because this is a pretty big problem

Message 9 of 17
brianiup
Guide

After firmware downgrade:

Upstream Bonded Channels
Channel Lock Status US Channel Type Channel ID Symbol Rate Frequency Power
1 Locked ATDMA 5 5120 Ksym/sec 36500000 Hz 44.8 dBmV
2 Locked ATDMA 6 5120 Ksym/sec 30100000 Hz 45.3 dBmV
3 Locked ATDMA 7 5120 Ksym/sec 23700000 Hz 44.5 dBmV
4 Not Locked Unknown 0 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV
5 Not Locked Unknown 0 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV
6 Not Locked Unknown 0 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV
7 Not Locked Unknown 0 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV
8 Not Locked Unknown 0 0 Ksym/sec 0 Hz 0.0 dBmV
Message 10 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

I would file a support ticket here:

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

Point them to this forum thread as well for review.

@DarrenM 

Message 11 of 17
brianiup
Guide

I've been trying to but my serial number comes back as invalid when I try to register it

Message 12 of 17
brianiup
Guide

This is a device provided to me by netgear directly for product testing, it has a 12 digit serial number not 13 like support wants... and I don't have any way to contact the head of our test program anymore as it closed before the new firmware was pushed

Message 13 of 17
antinode
Guru

> [...] it has a 12 digit serial number not 13 like support wants...
> [...]

Are you sure that you're looking at the serial number, and not the
MAC address, which is _12_ characters (hexadecimal digits, 0-9, A-F)?  A
serial number typically includes non-hexadecimal characters (and has 13
characters).

Message 14 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

You a beta tester? If so, then you need to be contacting your beta test group via email or the beta test site forum. If this was provided to you by NG then they will need to review this directly. Nothing we can do here in the forums for the public official support site. 

@vkdelta 

@DarrenM 

@brianiup wrote:

This is a device provided to me by netgear directly for product testing, it has a 12 digit serial number not 13 like support wants... and I don't have any way to contact the head of our test program anymore as it closed before the new firmware was pushed

Message 15 of 17
brianiup
Guide

Like I said, the beta is closed, there is no way to contact them directly now, they said to go through here at this point

Message 16 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

See if @vkdelta can help you any. 

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7