Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM1200 Firmware 3.02.01

Topology
Virtuoso

CM1200 Firmware 3.02.01

Are users of the CM1200 modem now seeing a firmware upgrade to version 3.02.01?  Is an upstream OFDMA channel(s) now locked and, if so, are there any observed changes in performance?

Personally, Xfinity automatically updated the firmware from V2.02.05 to V3.02.01 on my CM1200 within the last 24 hours, with the upstream OFDMA channels remaining unlocked.

P.S.:  Readers of this thread may also be interested in this discussion at DSLReports.

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 8
donawalt
Virtuoso

My CM1200 also updated to 3.02.01 yesterday as well! It appears to me I have 2 OFDMA channels, both unlocked:

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 6.56.41 AM.png

Message 2 of 8
Strikersfan
Tutor

Does anyone know if this firmware update could be the cause of issues with the CM1200? Seems to me the roll out is about the time I started having all kinds of problems with disconnections, my downstream light blinks continuously, my downstream says partial service even though 31 out of 32 chanells are locked, but none of my OFDM or OFDMA channels lock.

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Have the ISP re-provision the modem. 

Ask the ISP about OFDMA channels. Its there for support however not all ISPs may use them. 
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.

@Strikersfan wrote:

Does anyone know if this firmware update could be the cause of issues with the CM1200? Seems to me the roll out is about the time I started having all kinds of problems with disconnections, my downstream light blinks continuously, my downstream says partial service even though 31 out of 32 chanells are locked, but none of my OFDM or OFDMA channels lock.

Message 4 of 8
Strikersfan
Tutor

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Have the ISP re-provision the modem. 

Ask the ISP about OFDMA channels. Its there for support however not all ISPs may use them. 
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 

@Strikersfan wrote:

Thanks for the response! Comcast has been at my house three times this week. According to them everything is supposedly fine. When I ask them about my blinking downstream light and the OFDM and OFDMA channels not locking, they laughed and said that doesn't matter I should be fine. My modem is on its own dedicated line away from the tv's and every single piece of hardware in my house has been replaced this week, and much of the wiring as well. Power levels and SNR on the lines seems good. I can't even begin to guess how many times I have rebooted the modem this week too. I have also had numerous conversations with Netgear support. I did a factory reset on the modem and had Comcast do the provisioning and register the MAC address over again as well per their instructions, but still no change. I'm completely at a loss.

Message 5 of 8
BigBenis
Aspirant

Hey @FURRYe38 

Is the perfect flex 6 series 18 awg catvx cable a RG6 cable?

Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Some ISP may not use OFDM channels or unless you have a 1Gb service then maybe some may use those channels. 

Is the modem working with the blinking LED? 

@Strikersfan wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@Strikersfan wrote:

Thanks for the response! Comcast has been at my house three times this week. According to them everything is supposedly fine. When I ask them about my blinking downstream light and the OFDM and OFDMA channels not locking, they laughed and said that doesn't matter I should be fine. My modem is on its own dedicated line away from the tv's and every single piece of hardware in my house has been replaced this week, and much of the wiring as well. Power levels and SNR on the lines seems good. I can't even begin to guess how many times I have rebooted the modem this week too. I have also had numerous conversations with Netgear support. I did a factory reset on the modem and had Comcast do the provisioning and register the MAC address over again as well per their instructions, but still no change. I'm completely at a loss.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7