Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1200 only getting 120mbps

spoonbandits
Aspirant

CM1200 only getting 120mbps

Anyone have any idea on how to resolve this? 

I've got a brand new CM1200 - called the cable company and gave them MAC address, they said no compatibility problems. I've got port 1 plugged in to my Asus RT-N66R, but I am only getting 120mbps.

My previous Arris cable modem (ISP provided) was getting ~1gbps no problem, so I don't think its a router issue.

Does the modem require a router that supports link aggregation to get the ~1gbps?

Any help in ways to troubleshoot is greatly appreciated.

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM1200 only getting 120mbps

Who is your ISP? 

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly. Have them ensure the channels they are supporting are being locked in on the modem. 
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Disconnect the ASUS router and directly connect 1 wired 1Gb ethernet supported PC to the CM modem. Power off the modem for 1 minute then back on. Check the speeds with Ooklas installable speed test app with the PC. 

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page.
Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 

Message 2 of 8
spoonbandits
Aspirant

I followed the recommend steps, still only getting 120mpbs on my connected PC.

I noticed that not all channels are "Locked" in the status screen:Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 9.18.51 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-07 at 9.18.58 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-07 at 9.19.06 AM.png

Message 3 of 8
spoonbandits
Aspirant

Here are the event logs:Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 9.28.25 AM.png

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Who is your ISP? 

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly. Have them ensure the channels they are supporting are being locked in on the modem. 

Message 5 of 8
spoonbandits
Aspirant

Got it sorted! Thanks!

I had to speak with the ISP again, the previous technician added the correct MAC address, but something was not correct in their system and they needed to manually provision the new modem.

Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. 

Message 7 of 8
AprilW
Aspirant

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors