Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM2000 all lights flashing, no internet, this is the second unit that has failed

Johnnyringo
Aspirant

CM2000 all lights flashing, no internet, this is the second unit that has failed

I am on my second CM2000, both times all lights start flashing... and it is done. Troubleshooted by restarting, resetting, different surges protectors and UPS systems... no matter. The warranty and support are abysmal (hell, when they ask you to enter a model# for these posts, it isn't even listed. ) This was a waste of money and I would hope that anyone experiencing the flashing lights RETURN it. don't replace it. There is a serious issue with this unit. A year after I purchused mine, was sent a replacement, now I have a dead unit with no support options. $250 for 1 year of troubleshooting. 

If there are ANY other options or things im missing, PLEASE let me know since this is now an expensive paperweight. 

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: CM2000 all lights flashing, no internet, this is the second unit that has failed

I've had a cm2000 since release and its been rock solid for myself. I can't attest to what you're going through. 

What I can recommend is check the area the modem is in. When 2 different devices fail, it'd make me check the area its in for over heating, blocked airflow, that type of things that might be causing them to fail. 

Message 2 of 4
Johnnyringo
Aspirant

Re: CM2000 all lights flashing, no internet, this is the second unit that has failed

Excellent point, thanks for posting.

In my case they were the open, well ventilated, and hooked up to clean power via a UPS. I tried to eliminate every possible failure point, but the units both became bricked.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Only other thing to check is the coax line. I've seen them poorly grounded or other issues with the coax and it can bleed over and fry the modem. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7