Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM400 Frequent T3 time-outs

MrBojangles
Aspirant

CM400 Frequent T3 time-outs

Over the past 3 weeks, my cm400 has frequently reset (3-10+ times a day) due to t3 time-outs. My ISP is Spectrum, but i recently switched from a legacy package with Time Warner (basic, 50down & 5 up). I live in an apartment building, and I've had Spectrum out twice now to investigate. First time, they changed connector plates behind the coax panels and checked lines for interference - everything checked out. Second time, they removed splitters at box (was 4-way split) and verified cable integrity coming through the building - checked out after modem reset. The issues start up again within a few hours after each visit. I've noticed the time-outs are more consistent during regular business hours and almost never occur after 8 p.m. The tech mentioned that they recently switched to Docsys3.1 and that their packages in my area have changed to include higher data rates (200Mbps down/10Mbps up - lowest package). I upgraded my package and am still experiencing similar issues. Additionally, each time I call in they do report significant interference while trying to test the modem remotely. So, I'm trying to determine if I need to upgrade my modem or if I need to stay on them about their lines. Modem info below.

CM400 (purchased 3/2017)

Hardware Version: V2.0

Firware Version: 1.01.21

Modem PowerModem PowerEvent Log - 4.12.18Event Log - 4.12.18

Any help is appreciated!

Model: CM400|DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 1 of 3
MrBojangles
Aspirant

Re: CM400 Frequent T3 time-outs

Update: ISP is saying that my Receive frequencies are too high and they're coming to correct. I'll update after the service call, but please advise if there are any other flags/concerns.

Thanks again,

Message 2 of 3
MrBojangles
Aspirant

Re: CM400 Frequent T3 time-outs

Update: Techs advised that there were signal issues on their end. They expect it was an issue with their amplifiers in the area, and the tech explained that this is common during transition months where temperatures are in flux. There's another component that regulates the amplifiers based on external temperatures, and they advised that these components can get buggy during these transition months, especially winter-->spring, due to the amps output being increased for the colder months to carry the signal. Once it heats up, the signal is too strong, frequencies get jacked up, and the modem crashes trying to adjust to all the frequency changes. Never heard that one.

They had to escalate to their maintenance department and advised it could be a few hours or a few weeks depending on what issues are discovered once they get out. I've been advised my modem should be fine.

If your modem is having Timesync issues during spring/fall, could be the culprit.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7