Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM400 Modem not working

lumosauror192
Follower

CM400 Modem not working

I purchased the CM400 modem and a Netgear router last week for my new apartment. I set everything up as instructed, and called Comcast to activate my service and add the modem to my account. They said everything went fine, but it wouldn't connect to the internet. The power and internet lights are lit up green, and the down stream, up stream, and ethernet lights are all amber. No matter what I do, powering it off, switching outlets, anything, the lights never change. They all come on instantly once the modem is plugged in. Comcast thinks it might be the coax wall hook up, but I don't think they are correct, since as I said, whenever I unplug things from the ports, nothing changes. Whether the ethernet cord is plugged in or not, it's always amber. Please help me solve this issue. I have a chromebook, which has no ethernet port, so I have no way to directly connect to the modem. Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: CM400 Modem not working

Hi @lumosauror192 Having amber light on the downstream and upstream channels are not bonded.

Contact your ISP and have them verify that the correct configuration file is pushed down to your CM400.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7