Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM500 Losing Connection

Jcomeau0
Aspirant

CM500 Losing Connection

Hi

Ive been using the Xfinity wireless gateway with intermittent connection issues until today. Today I bought and installed a CM500 modem. I have an ASUS wireless router Linked to that via CAT5 Ethernet. The modem is the only device connected to my Xfinity line via a single splice, not a splitter, on the exterior of the house. I’m still having connection issues to the internet. The modem’s upstream light is also constantly blinking green. When I lose the internet, the upstream and downstream lights turn amber and the internet light goes out. I hope someone can give me an easy fix here. I’m hoping to keep this setup and dump all my xfinity equipment. 

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: CM500 Losing Connection

@Jcomeau0 wrote:

Hi

Ive been using the Xfinity wireless gateway with intermittent connection issues until today. Today I bought and installed a CM500 modem. I have an ASUS wireless router Linked to that via CAT5 Ethernet. The modem is the only device connected to my Xfinity line via a single splice, not a splitter, on the exterior of the house. I’m still having connection issues to the internet. The modem’s upstream light is also constantly blinking green.-----I couldn't find that the upstream blinked green, only amber.  When I lose the internet, the upstream and downstream lights turn amber and the internet light goes out.-----Normal for bad connection. I hope someone can give me an easy fix here. I’m hoping to keep this setup and dump all my xfinity equipment. 

I don't have an easy fix. Your line numbers look ok. 

do you have your logs?

I'd also have the ISP inspect the line. report that their equipment was having drops and it continued with a new modem. The modem connection page only shows us a snap shot and with intermittent problems, you don't see them when you drop. That's why the ISP needs to check the line. It could be something simple like a loose connection in a hub and when a large enough truck goes by, it makes it drop. Or it could be a CMTS thats going bad. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7