Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM500 and Suddenlink, almost constant disconnects. Looking for help reading logs

ominouslyominou
Aspirant

CM500 and Suddenlink, almost constant disconnects. Looking for help reading logs

Hi, I have a CM500 connected to Suddenlink and am hoping to get some help with reading the info from my modem before I talk to customer service as they are notoriously difficult to deal with and in some cases uninformed. The tech that installed the system was giving us some flat misinformation and telling us we needed to rent one of their combo modem/router setups and I'm just wanting to get some info before having another one show up. I'm wondering if the issue might be with old cables outside (I'm in an apartment building), the modem is connected to the wall with no splitters or anything else. We've had internet for almost a year and it's been bad the whole time but seems to be getting worse these days, internet used to drop for 30 seconds- 1 min every couple of hours and now sometimes drops every 10 min.

Message 1 of 3
ominouslyominou
Aspirant

Re: CM500 and Suddenlink, almost constant disconnects. Looking for help reading logs

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: CM500 and Suddenlink, almost constant disconnects. Looking for help reading logs

The event logs are indicating a line issue. but you're power levels are also just a bit hot (to high). 

you can try sticking a signal attenuator or a double/triple splitter in line to get the power a little more in spec. 

Its worth a shot but not sure if it'll help as you don't have any errors showing. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7