Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM500 modem errors

Milleniumo2
Aspirant

CM500 modem errors

So I am pretty confused at my whole situation right now. I have Comcast for my ISP. For about the last 10 days my internet work great during the day, 300+ mps but for some reason right around 7 pm my modem DS button starts blinking and I go to less than 1mps. I had a technician come out today( of course it was work normally) he did change the outside connectors and said everything looked good.

Right around the 7pm time my internet went to crap and I get less that 1mps. I reset my modem and now it keeps going from solid amber us/ds lights to blinking amber us/ds lights. I replaced my modem and router and both my old modem and new modem were doing the same things so I am pretty confident it's not on my end. I have another technician coming out Friday and wanted to see if anyone had an idea of what's going on because I am sure they are going to blame my modem. I do not live in a highly populated area where high internet traffic should effect me.. thanks a ton for any ideas
Model: CM500|16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 1 of 3
Milleniumo2
Aspirant

Re: CM500 modem errors

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM500 modem errors

You have only 1 locked channel going for you. You should have more. 

Whats the speed packages you pay for UP and Down? 

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute then back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7