Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM500 modem signal dropout and intermittent speeds

CSattl9
Aspirant

CM500 modem signal dropout and intermittent speeds

Network gear: I'm running a Netgear CM500 that I purchased last year on Xfinity 300mbps service. Wifi is through Google Nest. Issue: I've had significant issues over the last 1.5 months with signal dropout and intermittent issues with reduced speed. Xfinity techs have reset my router multiple times, and a tech came out last week and replaced some cabling on the telephone pole and said there was some chewing on the old one. Apparently the rest of the line checked out, although he thought that if the problem wasn't corrected they may have to run a new line from the powerline to my house...not an easy task. The latest tech I talked to thought my modem might be bad. That got me thinking, so I checked the event log and there are a whole host of T3/T4 and dynamic window range violation errors, as shown in the first picture. I also checked the signal properties. From what I can tell from reading online, the signal strength and signal to noise ratio are all within specification. Any thoughts on how to diagnose this? Should I go buy another modem?
Message 1 of 3
CSattl9
Aspirant

Re: CM500 modem signal dropout and intermittent speeds

Modem power properties attached

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: CM500 modem signal dropout and intermittent speeds

T3/T4 errors tend to be line issues. As well as if you're getting the dynamic range window violation. Dynamic range window occurs when the power fluctuations more than a certain amount. It could be causing the issues you're having. Problem with checking the power levels is that its just a snap shot of when you open the page. Its not a constant monitor. If the power is fluctuating, its not capturing that unless you open the window right when it happens. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7