Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM500V Voice doesn't work with Xfinity

BobModem
Initiate

CM500V Voice doesn't work with Xfinity

Hi,

I changed to Xfinity a month ago.  It came with the Xfinity modem which worked fine.  I purchased the CM500V, switched from the Xfinity modem, called Xfinity and had them change everything over.  Internet works fine.  Landline doesn't get a dial tone - to confirm, landline worked with Xfinity.  I've tried restarting/unplugging, etc., which gets close to my technical diagnotic limitations.  It was an open box/refurb item from Amazon so maybbe there is a defect, or just user error.  

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
BobModem
Initiate

OP here...I called Xfinity and they hadn't activated voice.  They did and it works now.  I guess I should have just called them first, but I dread calling cable companies.  To their defense, calling them wasn't that bad.  Good expereince and I'm all set now.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Well, it shows as compatible with xfinity voice. 

have you tried contacting xfinity? Maybe they pushed the wrong configuration file to the CM500V. Its happened before. Contacting xfinity is like pulling teeth to get someone that knows whats going on but it might be necessary. 

Message 2 of 5
lwccoffice
Tutor

BobModem, I am having the same problem. Purchased same type of device recently as you--returb from Amazon. Have been a subscriber for years with a working setup but wanted to quit leasing Comcast equipment. I can't even get the Comcast techs to activate the device for voice. (They did so for Internet.)

Message 3 of 5
lwccoffice
Tutor

More info: Another tech I just talked to said that there is a difference between Comcast residential (aka Xfinity) and Business. I have Business service. With Business, bring-your-own voice modems are not allowed.

Message 4 of 5
BobModem
Initiate

OP here...I called Xfinity and they hadn't activated voice.  They did and it works now.  I guess I should have just called them first, but I dread calling cable companies.  To their defense, calling them wasn't that bad.  Good expereince and I'm all set now.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7