Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM500V Voice features

KenBarg
Aspirant

CM500V Voice features

Will the Comcast Xfinity  "Call waiting" feature still work still via the flash key? (i.e. put call 1 on hold via the flash key so I can take call two). Along with this, do you still hear a beep to let you know that a second person is calling you?

Also, will the light on my phone still flash to let me know that I have new voice mail messages?

In a Comcast Xfinity environment, are there any voice related limitations that anyone has found I should be made aware of before purchasing this product?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: CM500V Voice features

Hello KenBarg

All those features are handled via Comcast the modem should not interfere with those features but you may want to double check with Comcast.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
KenBarg
Aspirant

Re: CM500V Voice features

I installed the CM500V. Everything seems to work well except the new voice message light on my phone only blinks for a little while when a new voice message arrives and then suddenly stops blinking. If I pick up the phone, the shutter tone tells me that a new voice message exists but for some reason, the light does not blink on the phone. Other times, the light blinks but stops if you pick up the phone even though you have not listened to your voice mail messages.

I called Comcast but they say it is a Netgear issue. Netgear told me that the phone wire between the phone and the modem might be bad. As such, I changed over to using the phone cable that came in he box with the Netgear CM500V and have the phone directly plugged into the CM500V with this cable... This has not made a difference. As such, I do not believe it is a cable related problem.

The blinking light for new voice mail messages worked perfectly when previously using Comcast's Gateway provided box and only stopped working after migrating to the CM500V. As such, it seems like the CM500V is not responding to the phone checking for new voice mail messages correctly like Comcast's Gateway box did.

I wish Netgear would work with Comcast to figure out why this feature is operating differently when using the CM500V.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7