Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM600 - Admin Page Not Responding

GregInSedona
Follower

CM600 - Admin Page Not Responding

My CM600 was “frozen”, not flowing internet traffic, and not powercycling/rebooting/resetting properly.  LED indicator lights were frozen in the following state: Power:Green, Upstream:Amber, Downstream:Amber, Internet:Green, InternalNet:Amber.  

All internet traffic was dead.  The administration interface was inaccessible from my internal network, although all WiFi routers and internal network were functioning properly.

Attempted power cycling (power cable removed from device for time varying from 5 seconds to more than 5 minutes).  Attempted rebooting (cycling via On/Off switch) with varying wait times.  And resetting, with a hold counts varying from recommended 7 seconds up to 60 seconds. 

With power cycle and reboots, the LED indicators IMMEDIATELY return to the their frozen state when power was returned to the device.   When resetting, the LED indicators NEVER changed state.  The device clearly was not cycling through a proper startup cycle to clear itself.

Called NetGear for support.  They were unable to resolve, and worse, shared a great deal of misinformation.  Contrary to NetGear support, the LED indicators should cycle through a startup sequence to a proper functioning state on a successful reset/power cycle.   Also contrary to NetGear support, when operating property you can invoke the CM600 administration console via a connected WiFi router via http://192.168.100.1 per CM600 documentation.

But my problem is that the CM600 was not recycling properly.   It finally properly reset after a using the following steps:  

Disconnect power cable while in “On” state.

Turn power switch off when power cable is disconnected.

Wait 60 seconds.

Reconnect power cable.

Turn power switch On.

Is there a more consistent, dependent hard restart procedure for the CM600?

Does anyone know what contributes to the LED frozen state mentioned above?

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM600 - Admin Page Not Responding

Possible you may need to replace the modem. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7