Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM600 - Admin Page Not Responding

vailAZ
Tutor

CM600 - Admin Page Not Responding

The administrative page at 192.168.100.1 of my CM600 cable modem has mysteriously stopped responding.  I've tried several browsers and there's simply no response anymore -- no login request, nothing.  I can see that 192.168.100.1 is alive by pinging it, however.  Tried powering the modem off and back on again -- same results.  Any suggestions?

Model: CM600|CM600 High Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
vailAZ
Tutor

As a follow-up -- a hard reset solved the problem.  Thanks to all for the advice.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10

All Replies
MarkC1024
Luminary

Possibly try a hard reset - pushing the reset button in for about 7 seconds.

Message 2 of 10
djc6
Luminary

What ISP?  I'd heard of some disabling access to administrative interface on other modems.

Message 3 of 10
vailAZ
Tutor

My ISP is Cox. I've had them for years, and have never known them to disable the status interface.  Going to try a hard reset when I get back home in a couple of days.

Message 4 of 10
djc6
Luminary

I have Cox as well, got a CM600 two weeks ago.    Have you tried accessing http://192.168.100.1 from a cell phone or tablet?   Just to make sure its not a firewall or A/V software on the computer blocking it.

Message 5 of 10
vailAZ
Tutor

Yep -- tried it from multiple computers in the house, as well as a tablet and phone.  192.168.100.1 is active and pingable, but refuses to respond otherwise.  It worked fine a few days ago, and then just suddenly quit working.

Message 6 of 10
djc6
Luminary

@vailAZ wrote:

Yep -- tried it from multiple computers in the house, as well as a tablet and phone.  192.168.100.1 is active and pingable, but refuses to respond otherwise.  It worked fine a few days ago, and then just suddenly quit working.

What about plugging ethernet cable from a computer right into the modem?  Maybe something with router is preventing access.  

Message 7 of 10
vailAZ
Tutor

Good suggestion -- it's been tried, no effect.  I'm hoping a hard reset on the modem will fix the issue, but it will be a couple of days before I'm back home from a business trip to give it a try. 

The modem was bought new in early November, so if this is some sort of failure I suppose Netgear would step up to the plate and exchange it.

Message 8 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello VailAZ

If you believe that the modem is defective then you will need to contact support as they can help with a exchange if it is needed.

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

DarrenM

Message 9 of 10
vailAZ
Tutor

As a follow-up -- a hard reset solved the problem.  Thanks to all for the advice.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7