Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM600 Dropping internet

ceta113
Follower

CM600 Dropping internet

This is a 6 month-old modem that keeps dropping internet (multiple times a day, the internet is totally down on wifi and on ethernet). The only solution is to reboot. Comcast says there are no issues on their end. Do I need to buy a new modem? Please help.

Firmware Version

V1.01.22
Model: CM600|CM600 High Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 3

Re: CM600 Dropping internet

@ceta113 wrote:

This is a 6 month-old modem that keeps dropping internet (multiple times a day, the internet is totally down on wifi and on ethernet).

The CM600 is a modem and nothing else. It doesn't do wifi.

So what else is on your network? A  router of some sort?

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk). (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so there may be useful responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM600 Dropping internet

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page.
Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

@ceta113 wrote:

This is a 6 month-old modem that keeps dropping internet (multiple times a day, the internet is totally down on wifi and on ethernet). The only solution is to reboot. Comcast says there are no issues on their end. Do I need to buy a new modem? Please help.

Firmware Version

V1.01.22

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7