Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM600 Firmware

Trishul
Aspirant

CM600 Firmware

What's the latest Software version for this modem released by Netgear to ISPs? I got this model to replace a series of buggy Puma 6 based modems and just wanna assure Comcast has pushed the FW. The current installed FW reads V1.01.12
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
djc6
Luminary

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
djc6
Luminary

Here is a table - looks like your CM600 was upgraded to latest firmware:

http://netgear-us.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25477/~/current-firmware-version-for-netgear-...

Message 2 of 7
Trishul
Aspirant

Is V1.01.12 the FW version that patches the CSRF / LocalFile / XSS vulnerability affecting CM600 modem ?
Message 3 of 7
djc6
Luminary

Yeah, that was never clear to me since there are no release notes.  I had opened a ticket with Netgear support and after it was escalated and bounced around, I was told this bug was fixed in V1.01.08+

My ISP Cox the latest supported firmware version is V1.01.06 🙂  When I reached out to Cox, I was told to change the default password on the modem.

Message 4 of 7
Trishul
Aspirant

Does Netgear supply operating specs for CM600 to ideally communicate upstream with the ISP headend gear? I've had connectivity problems (not unique to this modem) due to recurring noise ingress in Comcast's network.
Message 5 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Message 6 of 7
Trishul
Aspirant

Can anyone shed light what purpose the 8 upstream channels the CM600 can bond has in Docsis networks having only 5-42Mhz range for upstream connections? Will North American cable systems ever bond that many channels with such constrained bandwidth?
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7