Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM600 Spectrum to Cox firmware issue

Curunir
Aspirant

CM600 Spectrum to Cox firmware issue

I have a cable modem that I used with spectrum. Spectrum pushed their firmware ver. 1.01.14. I am switching to Cox. They can't see it and I think it has to do with Spectrum's special firmware. I think Cox would push firmware ver. 1.01.16 if they could see it. Do I have any recourse since there is no way to reset the firmware to factory?
Model: CM600|CM600 High Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM600 Spectrum to Cox firmware issue

Is the modem working on there network? If so, they should be able to see it. Please contact them for help and information regarding this. Cable ISP handle all FW needs for cable modems. 

Try a factory reset on the CM modem.

Have them de-provision it on there system, then have them re-provision it. 

Besure there are not coax cable line splitters between the modem and ISP service box. 

Message 2 of 6
Curunir
Aspirant

They can't see it on their network. Because the firmware was pushed by spectrum it is specific to spectrum. Cox is not able to see it because it is incompatible with their network now. I can't go back to spectrum to roll the firmware back because I've left them. I don't think there is anything I can do to allow them to see it.
Message 3 of 6
Curunir
Aspirant

Factory reset does not get rid of the firmware
Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I see. You might contact NG support to see if there is anything that can be done by them. I presume there may not be anything. Might ask them if there is some way they could get factory FW on it if you were to send it to them. Even if they do that kind of thing. That would take a bit and you'd be with out internet. 

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

@vkdelta 

I think thats kind of a bad move for an ISP to put FW on a user bought router which makes it not usable on other ISPs should the user have a need to move to a didferent ISP. Smiley Mad

Is there a Spectrum office that you can go to and talk to someone about this? Possible they could take the modem directly and load it back with factory FW. 

Some ideas. 

Message 5 of 6
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Irrespective of the FW, Cox should be able to see the modem as long as modem is online.

Just make sure modem is online.

also, post the event logs and DOCSIS power table screenshots.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7