Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM600 WAN port will not connect at 1000

erricz
Aspirant

CM600 WAN port will not connect at 1000

CM600 

Hardware Version 1.01B
Firmware Version V1.01.18

Very recently I started getting slow download speeds (10MB/s vs 50MB/s on Steam). Opened a ticket with Comcast, they've had multiple techs here and resolved multiple feed line issues. Now after showing 1200Mbps on their test equipment at the line at the modem, I verified that the WAN port is only connecting at 100M/Full. I tried several cables that test successfully to 1000M/Full on other devices. I tried to connect my PC directly to the modem and it won't connect at 1Gig, only 100M/Full. I tried a factory reset from the admin console and the button. I see no different firmware.

Any ideas what could have happened?

(Sorry for the double-post, I placed it earlier to the wrong modem section and I couldn't figure out how to move the post.)

Model: CM600|CM600 High Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM600 WAN port will not connect at 1000

Has a power OFF for 30 seconds from the wall outlet then plugged back in do anything? 

And your PCs networking adapter supports 1000Mbps as well? If so, sounds like the CM maybe faulty on the WAN port. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a power OFF for 30 seconds from the wall outlet then plugged back in do anything? 

And your PCs networking adapter supports 1000Mbps as well? If so, sounds like the CM maybe faulty on the WAN port. 

Message 2 of 4
erricz
Aspirant

Yes, sir, my PC connects to my switch and router at 1G (both Netgear, I might add).

I connected the CM to my Gig switch and it would only grab 100M as well. So, yeah, I kinda assume the port went bad too. Shame as it would only be 2 years old in January. This has to be my shortest lived Netgear device ever. I ended up ordering a CM700 from Amazon with a 4-year add-on warranty. Not gonna get me again.

Thanks for the reply!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok glad a new modem is on the way. 

Enjoy. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo