Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM600 board is green, no network

Kmaxwell
Follower

CM600 board is green, no network

Here are the troubleshooting steps I've taken so far:
- The cable modem was originally connected to a nighthawk X4 R7500. It's been working fine for three months since I moved in to this apartment.
- because it stopped working, and resetting the router and the modem by powerdown did not work, I tried a hard reset of the cable. This did not do anything either.
- I also then connected to the cable modem to an Apple airport. This also does not allow me to have any Internet access.
- when I log on to the router I can access 192.168.100.1. With in the cable modem set up page, it says that the connection is good.
- no amount of resetting, factory reset's, or refreshes has been able to connect my computer to the Internet through the modem.
- The result is the same if I go directly to the modem from a PC and bypass around her either the Nighthawk or the airport.

I am at a complete loss. All the LEDs on the front of the cable modem or green. The network light for the cable modem constantly flickers Green no matter what is going on – that is the only odd thing happening with the indicator LEDs
I am about to just go buy a different modem. I don't understand how I can access the modems page, the modems page says that the modem is connected to the Internet just fine, but nothing connects to the Internet through the modem. That's just freaking weird.
Message 1 of 2
djc6
Luminary

Re: CM600 board is green, no network

I had the issue with ethernet LED blinking even when no cable connected on my CM600.  It seems this was fixed when my modem was upgraded from firmware version V1.01.05 to V1.01.06 by my ISP (Cox).

What firmware are you on and what is your ISP?

Does the modem work when you connect ethernet cable directly between modem/computer?  Thus bypassing router entirely.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7