Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM600 modem help with firmware

surge50
Aspirant

CM600 modem help with firmware

I have Mediacom and contacted them to upgrade my firmware per Netgear website. Mediacom advised that they do not have any firmware upgrade and to contact Neatgear. Please help. 

Model: CM600|CM600 High Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 7
surge50
Aspirant

Does anyone from Netgear respond here?  If not does anyone have a phone number or email to contact them. 

Message 2 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Surge50

No way to do a manual upgrade of a cable modem if a firmware update is available it would be pushed out via the ISP.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 7
surge50
Aspirant

So how does Mediacom get the latest firmware so they can update my modem.  They have told me I have the latest firmware they have access to.  Frustrated for sure.  First Netgear product and not happy not getting help from either end.  Maybe my last?

Message 4 of 7
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

what FW are you on? 

what FW are you looking for?

Mediacom has FW released to them back in APRIL 2017. 

Product : Mediacom RETAIL CM600-100NAS (Mediacom) RETAIL CM600-100NAS (Mediacom)

Version Status Date of Issue       V1.01.12 Released 11-04-2017      

Message 5 of 7
Jryan619
Star

Well that is real nice, is it it. Now I have to go wast tomorrow going back to frys returning all my net gear stuff. That shouldn't be illegal for you to sell something and not tell the consumer - but I will be telling everyone I know. I bought your Cm600 so I wouldn't have to rent one from Time Warmer. You say it's compatible, but the one I just bought from the store was so whacked it could only get on line at 15Mbps, and I average 300. Tried resetting, sending new signals, and than Tim Warner Spectrum says they cannot give me a firmware or software update because I own the device. They will occasionally send out signals to tweak things, but if you buy your own there's nothing they can do for you homie. I heard the same thing at Netgear, there's nothing they can do for me, so I guess I won't have nothing to do with you. I did just buy the Netgear Orbi RBR50/RBS50 2 pack, along with a Netgear hub that was $28. I guess I won't need any off that, because they did offer me a modem/router that is high speed, designed for their network, AC3200, free for a year, and than only five bucks a month after that. That is the only good thing about Charter taking over, TW used to charge $10 per month for the modem, and another $15 on top of that for using their wireless. They said $5 is now their regular price, so everyone might as well get their stuff they update. They also said if I have any dead spots they provide the enhancers at no extra charge. Tomorrow I will be returning $450 worth of your product to the store for your horrible policy of not giving updates.

DCF2D317-17E8-4263-9AD1-4101856A4F86.PNGIMG_0494.JPGIMG_0495.JPGIMG_0496.JPGIMG_0451.PNGFullSizeRender.jpg

Message 6 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Jryan619

You have alot of T3 timeouts in the logs this is typically a line issues either in the wiring in your home or outside you may want to have a tech from your ISP come out and check the lines.

DarrenM

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7