Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM700 Administration

Duckdoger
Aspirant

CM700 Administration

Can anyone help.  I can access the CM700 through Netgear genie but a limited menu comes up.  Only tabs visible are Basic and Advanced and each has a very limited number of selections.  I'd like to do some port forwarding but can't seem to find out how to get to a more robust administration menu.

Appreciate anyone's help

DuckDoger

Model: CM700|DOCSIS® 3.0 32x8
Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: CM700 Administration

Hello Duckdoger

The CM700 is a modem not a router you would need to log into your router in order to port forward.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
Duckdoger
Aspirant

Hey... thanks DarrenM, good point however would you know how to get to the larger menu offerings.  I can see a larger menu when first logging in but then it quickly reduces down to limited options.  Almost like logging in with a role lesser than an admin role.

Thanks for the response

Duckdoger

Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Duckdoger

My guess is you cant and that is limited by the ISP for some reason.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
Duckdoger
Aspirant

DarrenM... thanks for the reply and info man... appreciate it.

Message 5 of 6
CharliesTheMan
Aspirant

He's correct, that's all that can be accessed. There's a problem I'm having because my ISP has taken a stance that they no longer flash firmware to modems. But netgear doesn't allow firmware updates by users because it's the ISP's job. So we are just stuck in limbo at the moment for using a non ISP modem, as far as firmware updates. Luckily though everything works great.

But as stated above, the menu is limited and you will need to use your router to customize your network and for things like port forwarding. This just gets the signal from ISP to your router.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7