Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM700 No Ranging Response received

cjzjeeps
Aspirant

CM700 No Ranging Response received

Power and download lights are solid, upload light is blinking, internet light is off.

Cox is telling me it’s the modem.

Model: CM700|High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.0
Message 1 of 10
cjzjeeps
Aspirant

Re: CM700 No Ranging Response received

Message 2 of 10
plemans
Guru

Was it provisioned? 

When only 1 downstream is locked it usually hasn't been provisioned or whoever provisioned it, put in the wrong mac address. 

Your power levels are a bit high on the downstream. 

Message 3 of 10
cjzjeeps
Aspirant

Thank you. I do not know but will ask the ISP about provisioning.

There are no splitters in line. There is a booster, because without it the power is less than 1.0.
Message 4 of 10
plemans
Guru

Take the booster out. 

acceptable power levels for downstream is -7.5dbmv to 7.5dbmv. So a 1.0 is pretty perfect. 

Message 5 of 10
plemans
Guru

and if there's issues with the line, a booster only makes them worse

Message 6 of 10
cjzjeeps
Aspirant

Thank you @plemans . Without the booster downstream power is between -1.0 and 1.0, SNR is ~38 and upstream power is ~57.

I got the modem to start working by doing a factory reset.

Message 7 of 10
plemans
Guru

without the booster your downstream levels are perfect but your upstream is pretty high. 

Do you have an extender coax run? or an attuator/slitters  in the line somewhere? usually the upstream levels are based off what the cmts needs to get a signal. And with downstream being spot on, the upstream shouldn't need to be that high.

Message 8 of 10
cjzjeeps
Aspirant

There are a few generic couplers along the way if that is what you mean (simple coaxial cable connector to connect two coax cables end-to-end). There are no attenuators / boosters / splitters. Maybe I should upgrade to the gold-plated connectors?

Message 9 of 10
plemans
Guru

Move the modem to right where the coax enters the house and hook it up. take the screen snips again from there and post them. Plus use it and see how it works. This makes sure it isn't the wiring within the house causing the issues. many isp's charge for a line check if the issue is interior to the house. 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7