Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM700 No ranging response

robkeller94
Aspirant

CM700 No ranging response

I keep having my modem drop connection at least twice a day. It will drop and take a few minutes to reconnect. I had a comcast technician come out and check it out. He said that it was most likely the modem said they were a lot of errors in the event log. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me more about my issue.

sidenote what number do i contact for and RMA i tried the number on the site but the support staff says my technical support is expired but my warranty doesn't run out till february next yeara952cf7a57195da2e6bee6ea88880ec5.png

Model: CM700|DOCSIS® 3.0 32x8
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: CM700 No ranging response

T3 timeouts typically indicate a issue with the ISP connection you will want them to come out and check the outside lines.

"Explanation: The cable modem has sent 16 Ranging Request (RNG-REQ) messages without receiving a Ranging Response (RNG-RSP) message in reply from the CMTS. The cable modem is therefore resetting its cable interface and restarting the registration process. This typically is caused by noise on the upstream that causes the loss of MAC-layer messages. Noise could also raise the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) on the upstream to a point where the cable modem’s power level is insufficient to transmit any messages. If the cable modem cannot raise its upstream transmit power level to a level that allows successful communication within the maximum timeout period, it resets its cable interface and restarts the registration process. This error message is DOCSIS event message is R03.0, Ranging Request."

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

T3 timeouts typically indicate a issue with the ISP connection you will want them to come out and check the outside lines.

"Explanation: The cable modem has sent 16 Ranging Request (RNG-REQ) messages without receiving a Ranging Response (RNG-RSP) message in reply from the CMTS. The cable modem is therefore resetting its cable interface and restarting the registration process. This typically is caused by noise on the upstream that causes the loss of MAC-layer messages. Noise could also raise the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) on the upstream to a point where the cable modem’s power level is insufficient to transmit any messages. If the cable modem cannot raise its upstream transmit power level to a level that allows successful communication within the maximum timeout period, it resets its cable interface and restarts the registration process. This error message is DOCSIS event message is R03.0, Ranging Request."

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
robkeller94
Aspirant

Thank you for your respone. I went and got a different modem and the problem still occurs so im having a techinian come out and see what they can do, hopefully they can fix it.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7