Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM700 cable modemrebooting

pitterpat
Aspirant

CM700 cable modemrebooting

I'm using Tomato on my R7000 router. I was using Mullvad as the VPN, got tired of the slow speeds so stopped using the VPN for a while. Then my CM700 cable modem started to lose connection all the time. I'm with Comcast / Xfinity, the last time I called in about the modem losing the connection to have them reboot the line they said the next time I called in I needed to have the modem IT on the line. Anyway they rebooted the line and that was that.

My CM700 keeps having "no internet connection" and going down, can't figure out why. I've gone back to using Mullvad as my VPN. Why would my modem keep dropping the connection. Yes, I still have Tomato installed on the router. Here is my connection log.

Modem log 1.JPGModem log 2.JPG

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: CM700 cable modemrebooting

You do have low levels on the down stream you want to be between -7 and 7 and some are as low as -16 you may want to have a tech come out and look at your lines.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You do have low levels on the down stream you want to be between -7 and 7 and some are as low as -16 you may want to have a tech come out and look at your lines.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
pitterpat
Aspirant

Re: CM700 cable modem rebooting

@DarrenM wrote:

DarrenM

I've told Comcast / Xfinity that several times about my lines being bad! They are the worst.

Thanks!

Model: CM700|DOCSIS® 3.0 32x8
Message 3 of 4
pitterpat
Aspirant

@DarrenM wrote:

DarrenM

@DarrenM, Thanks for looking at my post and log. Comcast just left and below is my new log. The tech said the line was all chewed by the squirrels and it fell apart in his hands. He said he installed it so now the squirrels have to hold on to it to chew it, not be able to sit on it to chew it (or something like that). He was a really nice guy! He replaced the line from the pole to my house, checked all the line around my house and gave me a no line from the tap outside to my modem (hope he didn't charge me for that). 

Modem log 3.JPGModem log 4.JPG

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7