Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM700 dropping internet connection #2

MichaelJordan21
Follower

CM700 dropping internet connection #2

Hi, similar to the previous article "CM700 dropping internet connection" https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/CM700-dropping-internet-connection/m-p/1802053... I keep losing internet connection throughout the day. I bought a new Netgear CM700 and Nighthawk AX12 RAX120v2 router early this year in March. I called Netgear support and after reviewing the modem and router logs, they told me to contact the Comcast internet provider which I did. I then called Comcast internet provider and they removed the splitter so that I have a one direct coax internet connection to my home office where my modem and router are located. They tested the internet signal from my home office coax cable to the outside box and no issues, of course my internet was working at the time. 

Today, I checked the coax cable from the outside wall to my home office coax jack to make sure there are no kinks, wear and tear, animals bites, etc damage - nothing obvious. I have been searching online for solutions. I called Netgear support today and was told my 90 days support has expired but they recommended to have my modem and router connected directly to the power outlet well instead of an power surge extension cord (ironic).  I am attaching my modem logs and router logsfor any help in finding why my internet keeps dropping connection throughout the day and then it reconnects right away?

Thank You. 

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: CM700 dropping internet connection #2

You have a lot of MDD timeout messages. Usually those are when the modem sends a signal to the cmts and its not received. 

You can check all the cables and ends again. But you might have to have xfinity check the line. I recommend moving the modem to right where the coax comes into the home to prevent it from being the wiring in the home being the issue because xfinity charges if the issue is inside the home. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7