Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM700 modem

Retired_Member
Not applicable

CM700 modem

Is this modem still being supported with firmware by Netgear?  Was the security issues ever patched?

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM700 modem

If it's underwarranty I presume it's under support by NG. 

FW is handled by NG then sent off to ISPs for there testing before ISP will push it out. 

Been some upates seen on Intel based modes over on DSLReports. No sure if or what all model modems got any patches. 

Comething you could check with your ISP to see if they can tell you anything. 

Message 2 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

No, the warranty has expired and because of that one fact, I am not allowed to contact Netgear support.  (unless, I want to pay for a "yes" or "no" answwer regarding whether the firmware is updated.). That is why I am asking the community.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Would be something to ask the ISP about since only ISPs can push FW. Some do and some don't. NG has no control over this. 

Message 4 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

It would make more sense to ask Netgear first when they provided ISPs the last firmware update.  I am also inquiring about the patch for the security problem that is reported on this site for that modem.  And then I could go to the ISP and ask when the last firmware update was pushed out.  Then I could find out which company I may want to substitute with another company that is more responsible.

It seems that Netgear doesn't want to take the time to talk to their past customers if the warranty is void.  That is not good business, in my opinion.  If I want to find out about an update of firmware, would I go to a company that is impossible or pricey( over $100) to talk to or one that is willing to give their customers basic needed information?   (The question is rhetorical). 

Model: CM700|High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.0
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Welcome to the warranty world. Been like this for a long time. 

Anyways, contact a forum moderator to see if they can help you out.

@olympos1625 

@vkdelta 

Good Luck. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7