Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM700 seen by ISP but still no internet connection

kobo1042
Follower

CM700 seen by ISP but still no internet connection

Successfully installed and provisioned cable modem with Spectrum this morning. Cannot get an internet signal to come thru. ISP said to contact Netgear to help provision it on their end? When I reboot the modem I get the up and downstream icons to lock in solid green and then the internet symbol blinks for 30 seconds and then goes out and the up and downstream icons begin blinking green again searching for a signal.
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: CM700 seen by ISP but still no internet connection

Log into the cable modem and get a screen snip of the cable connections page and the logs. Post that back here. 

Also, check if you have any splitters, amplifiers, or attenuators in line. remove them if you do. 

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

Are you connecting a router to it and if so which one? 

For getting it setup, make sure to connect a pc to it and get the modem functioning properly. If you do get a good signal/speed, then follow this procedure for getting the router connected. 

1. power off both modem and router and disconnect coax. wait 1 minutes

2. connect coax to modem and then power it on. give it several minutes to fully boot. 

3. connect lan cable from mode to wan port on router.

4. power router on. give it several minutes. 

5. try setup. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you get any internet services with a wired PC directly connected to the modem with out a wifi router in between? 

@kobo1042 wrote:
Successfully installed and provisioned cable modem with Spectrum this morning. Cannot get an internet signal to come thru. ISP said to contact Netgear to help provision it on their end? When I reboot the modem I get the up and downstream icons to lock in solid green and then the internet symbol blinks for 30 seconds and then goes out and the up and downstream icons begin blinking green again searching for a signal.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7