Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CURRENT FIRMWARE

Sajoe
Follower

CURRENT FIRMWARE

I have a CM400 cable modem that will not connect and I can't get a RMA for. I checked the troubleshooting page and it says that the firmware for my ISP (TWC) should be V1.01.13 but the modem lists V1.01.10 and then states that if the modem won't connect contact your ISP and request a firmware update that must be supplied through the coax cable. When I contacted Time Warner Cable they pleaded complete ignorance and that they can't "see" the modem from their side. Is any of this correct? Whose firmware is V1.01.10? Is this why TWC can't "see" the modem? Is there any way to resolve this?

Message 1 of 2
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: CURRENT FIRMWARE

It should be problem with the FW. Most of time whey dont see the device on their side it would mean:

- The modem is not online yet (Are DS/US/Online LEDs SOLID GREEN?) pls check this one

- Double check the MAC Address you have provided them. At times I have given wrong MAC by mistake. Pls check this again.

can you please share power numbers and Event log. I can try to tell from that what is happening on your modem.

Also, please PM me picture of back(including product label) of your CM400 if possible.

---

Netgear

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7