Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cable Modem Router stopped working

allen1062
Aspirant

Cable Modem Router stopped working

Coax wire fell out and wouldn't work after being plugged back in. Did a power cycle and did a factory reset. Now all the lights are on and nothing responds. Any idea what to do to fix it?
Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Cable Modem Router stopped working

How do you mean the coax fell out? Did the coax wired come out from its connecting screw plug jack? If so, possible ground and center wires maybe touching when they shouldn't be. Id have someone check that connetion to be sure it's correctly wired and the screw jack is in place correctly. 

Power OFF the modem. Pull power adapter as well. Disconnect the coax screw jack from the modem fully. Disconnect ALL LAN cables as well. 

Power ON the modem WITH OUT the coax connected. Do all lights turn on all the time or just the power and do the other LEDS start to blink? 

Try pressing the reset button for 10 seconds then release with out coax cable connected. 

Message 2 of 7
allen1062
Aspirant

Somehow it came loose and when I went to check it, it came out of the socket. All the lights are on and stay on. Once in a while they all blink once or twice. I've checked all the connections and ground wire that I am able to and they are not touching. I've done the recommendation you gave with no success.
Message 3 of 7
allen1062
Aspirant

It actually isn't starting up properly
Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

Have you tried replacing the coax cable and then rebooting the modem? 

Message 5 of 7
allen1062
Aspirant

Yes I did
Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

are you able to get the cable connections page info and the event logs? 

that helps us see if its connected and the strengths. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7