Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Calble modem CM500 lose connection in daytime and regain connection in the night

thpnick
Follower

Calble modem CM500 lose connection in daytime and regain connection in the night

Hi, everyone, I purchased my CM500 cable modem in 2017 and my ISP is always comcast/xfinity. I moved into a new apartment and re-register my modem to the new address. In recent time, I have experienced lost connection, especially during the daytime. In the night time, the connection is more stable. I have had two separate technician visit to my place to check the signal. The first one made a new cable outlet, bypassing a wall section that can be problematic. The connection issue was solved for a while but come again. The second technician came and checked the signal and conclude that there is no problem with the signal, and the issue is caused by my modem. 

As I checked the connection page on the from the configuration webpage of the modem, I see some times there are 3 channels locked for about 5 minutes and then the upstream light start to blink green and there are only two upstream channels being locked. After another 5 minutes, the modem starts to reboot itself after.

I want to ask if this is truly the problem from the modem as the technician from comcast concluded? 

Thank you for everyone's help. 

Model: CM500|16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Calble modem CM500 lose connection in daytime and regain connection in the night

Are you able to post the power levels of the modem and the cable modem logs?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7