Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can a CG3000 be hacked to access the telephone that is part of the modem/router gateway?

bobz88
Aspirant

Can a CG3000 be hacked to access the telephone that is part of the modem/router gateway?

Model: CG3000-2STAUS (CG3000v2)|Cable Modem Gateway
Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Can a CG3000 be hacked to access the telephone that is part of the modem/router gateway?

Hello bobz88

The cg3000 does not have any phone built into it.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
bobz88
Aspirant

Re: Can a CG3000 be hacked to access the telephone that is part of the modem/router gateway?

Darren M

Apology, You are correct; the Netgear CG3000 does not have a built in telephone.

I am new to this digital chat thing.

The CG3000 is the broadband service and provides two phone I/O ports one of the ports has a telephone attached to enable a normal telephone handset to be used to make calls. All the talk and broadband magic is hardware and firmware contained in the CG3000 unit.

bobz88

Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello bobz88

Can you be more clear on what you are meaning with it being hacked?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
bobz88
Aspirant

Greetings DarrenM

Can the CG3000 be hacked to tap into the telephone port that is used for the telephone I/O and make calls bypassing the use of the connected telephone instrument. This would mean that the hacker would be able to hijack the line and make calls using the phone line.

Cheers bobz88

Message 5 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello bobz88

I am not a hacking expert so I can not really give you a answer on this but I have not seen any vulnerabilities like this for this modem.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7