Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can not login to modem or connect on wifi

Jay89
Aspirant

Can not login to modem or connect on wifi

hello there,

My name is Jay and I cannot currently login to my modem or connect to it wirelessly, I have restored to factory settings and attempted to set it back up but now it is giving me a weird ip address ( 50.82.53.1 ) instead of the normal 192.168.0.1 or 1.1, I can only access the internet through my hardwired desktop. My hardwired Ps4 also will not connect to the internet. I think the modem has finally died but didnt know if anyone had any ideas. My modem is a N300 cable modem/wireless

Message 1 of 6
Jay89
Aspirant

Re: Can not login to modem or connect on wifi

I have also done a ping test and ipconfig/all shows 50.82.53.1 as my default but i also get fe80: : 217:10ff:fe83:fedb%4 right above it

Message 2 of 6
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

you are in bridge mode. may be you configured it by mistake.

two options:

1. Factory default it.

2. access the modem on 192.168.100.1 (you will need to set a STATIC IP on your network interface such as 192.168.100.10)

Message 3 of 6
Jay89
Aspirant

after removing the RF cable i was able to restart the modem and get the 192.168.100.1 ip a login to the menu but once in it gives me little to no information. It basiclly will not allow me to access any of the other menus with in the modem. such as wireless connections and such. I tried resting it to factory from with in the menu but to no change. I tried setting it to router mode but it keeps resetting it self to the previous settings. the first time i set it to router mode and it restarted it gave me the full menu but as soon as i clicked anything it reset it self and went back to the previous settings and would not allow me to access that menu again. so I tried putting it to router mode again but the settings never stick. almost like an internal memory error or something. I still have access to the limited menu and the modem seems to be holding the 192.168.100.1 ip but i still cannot get the wifi or my ps4 that is hardwired to connect. i only have internet on my main desktop. contacted my isp and they cannot update the firmware because its a personal modem firmware is currently set at V1.01.05 but the latest firmware is V1.01.11

Message 4 of 6
Jay89
Aspirant

Factory reset it and kept the RF cable off of the modem for the duration. Was able to get into normal menu and everything looked fine. Once I hooked the RF cable Back up it wouldn't sync up, so I turned the modem off and back on. Once it synced up it immediately reset it self and went back to the previous settings. I'm at a loss here. Does the modem have some sort of safe mode it falls into if there is a hardware issue or something because it has done the exact same thing five times now.
Message 5 of 6
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

who is your ISP? what kind of service do you subscribe to?

did you request ISP to enable bridge mode for you? (I guess not)

Did it always happen ot just started happening?

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7