Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't access N450 (CG3000Dv2) Router GUI

jkmcc13
Aspirant

Can't access N450 (CG3000Dv2) Router GUI

Hello, I just got my new mediacom internet hooked up and cannot get my wifi to work. When I plug into the modem/router with a cat5 i get internet, but I can't connect anything via wifi. I have it turned on, well the light is on on the front.

when I type 192.168.0.1 on chrome or IE, the connection times out and I cannot get to the router GUI.

When I type ipconfig in cmd my default gateway is 173.31.128.1

any help is much appreciated!

Message 1 of 5
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If you see your Public IP address at the computer when connected via the ‘3000, then it may be that the ‘3000 is configured in Modem Only (Bridged) mode.
Message 2 of 5
jkmcc13
Aspirant

Babylon5 wrote:
If you see your Public IP address at the computer when connected via the ‘3000, then it may be that the ‘3000 is configured in Modem Only (Bridged) mode.

ok, I got into the GUI using 192.168.100.1

my techie friend says that my modem is connected directly to the internet (no firewall) and that the modem/router is not in NAT mode. when in the GUI if I check the "enable NAT" box and apply, the modem reboots and there is no change. I have done this a few times with no luck. I have also done factory resets with no change.

any idea why the NAT won't stay enabled?
Message 3 of 5
bigbruise
Aspirant

old post I know...but I'm trying to set this same model in bridge mode and don't see it in the router settings. can you direct me to a page with instructions on setting this model in bridge mode?

Message 4 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello bigbruise 

There is no bridge mode on this modem but you can try to disable the DHCP server which is Located in the LAN Ip under advanced. this should allow it to be just a AP.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7