Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't get WPS on C3700 router/modem to work

MyrouterisaPOS
Aspirant

Can't get WPS on C3700 router/modem to work

I can't get anything to connect to my C3700-100NAS dual band router via wps. My most recent attempt was the dodocool AC1200 wifi repeater. (But also can't connect any printer or any other devices via WPS). I had the extender plugged in right next to my router. I tried to factory reset my router, and tried both the physical WPS button and the WPS wizard. I also tried manually entering the wifi password on the printer (not an option for the dodocool repeater.)

I have the latest firmware (V2.02.22).  I also tried both enabling "Allow access Control" and then "allow new devices to connect" or having "allow access control" completely disabled.

Sometimes the device just doesn't connect. Or if I use the WPS wizard I get this error message "make sure only one station in wps procedure," including after doing a factory reset and reboot.

My home security hub connects no problem. Same with laptop, and cell devices. It's just the dodocool repeater and two different printers (HP 6455 and Epson 420) that would not connect.

Should I take a hammer to my netgear and buy a linksys? Or get rid of the two printers and the repeater?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Can't get WPS on C3700 router/modem to work

The dodocool has a browser based setup that can be done. I'd check its manual again or do a quick search on youtube. I found one with a quick search. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApVwrYGhFHc

And wps can get coded different between manufacturers. its why most devices have a install wizard built in. 

Message 2 of 4
MyrouterisaPOS
Aspirant

Yes, I did try that on three different browsers but couldn't access the setup page. I'm not the only one according to Amazon reviews. At any rate, it doesn't help with the two printers not connecting. The one printer, the Epson, used to connect, but no longer does after I moved. That's why I reset the router, thinking a setting may have changed. I also tried giving a different SSID name to the 2.4Ghz band as I've read that most printers only recognize that band. I then tried to manually choose that ssid on both the HP set up software and my old Epson (enterig it into the printer itself). Still no luck. It's so weird.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@MyrouterisaPOS wrote:

Yes, I did try that on three different browsers but couldn't access the setup page.----that'd be an issue of the extender, not the router.  I'm not the only one according to Amazon reviews. At any rate, it doesn't help with the two printers not connecting. The one printer, the Epson, used to connect, but no longer does after I moved.----so what changed other than moving? Different ISP? Different wireless channel?  That's why I reset the router, thinking a setting may have changed. I also tried giving a different SSID name to the 2.4Ghz band as I've read that most printers only recognize that band. I then tried to manually choose that ssid on both the HP set up software and my old Epson (enterig it into the printer itself). Still no luck. It's so weird.-----Did you check with the printer company? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7