Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't get logged in using correct user and password

BullheadBart
Aspirant

Can't get logged in using correct user and password

After about 8 hours of trying, I cannot get connected to my router, My issue is I cannot access my router via the assigned ip address (192.168.0.1) or routerlogin.net.  This seemed to may possibly happened after loading AVG's VPN - but I'm not certain if this is when it occurred. 

Using chrome I get a :

This page isn’t working 192.168.0.1 sent an invalid response.ERR_INVALID_HTTP_RESPONSE

If I try using Netgear's Genie, I can get to the router but it won’t let me log in (I do have the correct user and password). It allows me to see the connected devices but I can’t get logged in to make any changes. It just sits and spins. I have cleared all cache and have done everything I found in a Google search but there is nothing I can do to get logged in. I would do a hard reset but I don’t really want to have to reconnect all 21 connected devices. It’s likely a simple setting change but I have had no luck finding it (after 6 hours of trying). 

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 10
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

The Ip address may have changed on the router you may need to find your default gateway to access the router.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-find-your-default-gateway-ip-address-2626072

DarrenM

Message 2 of 10
BullheadBart
Aspirant

Darren,

Sorry for the delayed response. I've been out of town. I did exactly what you suggested and confirmed my IPS has not changed for my modem/router. It is still the published 192.168.0.1. 

I'm still getting the exact same error message.

Thank you,

Bart

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset on the modem and connect a wired PC to the modem. Use a different browser, IE11, Firefox or Opera and see if you can connect to the default modems web page. Look at your networking status on your PC and look at the "Gateway" IP address to confirm the modems IP address and use that to connect to using the browser. 

Message 4 of 10
BullheadBart
Aspirant

Thank you...  Actually, I do seem to be connecting with the router via Genie - (seeing network map, etc). I just can't get into Router Setting to make any changes. I have used both Chrome and Firefox.

So I think I'm to the point I need to do a factory reset.  I guess my question is will I have to reconnect all 21 wireless connected devices.  This is a challenge (some much easier than others).  It may be my only option.  Or - maybe it's time to buy a new Modem/Router.

Thank you...

Model: C6300BD-1CXNAS|Docsis 3.0 AC1750 Cable Modem Router
Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset. Use Firefox to connect to the modems web page and walk thru the setup wizard. It maybe in a bad state currently which for unknowns reasons the web page services is hosed. So a reset should correct this. 

Be sure to clear all browser caches before entering the modems web page. 

Message 6 of 10
BullheadBart
Aspirant

I did a hard rest on my modem, got ito Genie, and reset up all devices.  Now, after I was done and logged out I again cannot get in to settings on Genie. I can see the wireless network but can't get into settings. I know I have the correct password.  I am using Chrome.

Also, 2 of my 4 network names are not showing.. 2 are.  I'm beyond frustration with this modem/router.  Thank you.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Does the same thing happen with IE11 and Firefox? 

Message 8 of 10
BullheadBart
Aspirant

Yes, I tried both Firefox and IE11 and same result. I also tried my Android app and it too would not get to setting.

If you work for Netgear, I am willing to pay for support. I've spent hours on this and it's either get help or scrap the router.
Thank you..
Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

You can contact NG support and see if they can help you out. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/#

IF not or if they can't get the modem to work right, maybe time for something new. 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7