Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't get my C7000 to work with the Nest Protect

tallscott
Aspirant

Can't get my C7000 to work with the Nest Protect

I just connect my network over to C7000.  Everything works, except the Nest Protect.  All of my other Nest equipment works.  Nest support has tried everything to get it to work, but has hit a limit.  They are saying I need to open a IPv6 port so that it can talk to the router.

Any help would be great,

Scott

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 6
TheEther
Guru

Re: Can't get my C7000 to work with the Nest Protect

I'm not sure what Nest meant by opening an IPv6 port.  Nest products do use IPv6 but only within the home network.  They don't use IPv6 to connect to the Internet.  So, the router only needs to permit IPv6 on the LAN.  The C7000 should be doing this.

Do you have ADVANCED > Security > Access Control enabled?  If you do, then you need to add the MAC addresses of the Nest Protect devices.

Try changing the speed setting of the 2.4 GHz network to 289 Mbps or 54 Mbps.

Message 2 of 6
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

if you in the list of the attached devices, does NEST PROTECT gets an IP address?

Message 3 of 6
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

if you *see the* list of the attached devices, does NEST PROTECT gets an IP address?

Message 4 of 6
tallscott
Aspirant

It doesn't get to the part where I would see the devices under allowed devices.

It is set to Turn on Access Control and Allow all new devices to connect. My preious rounter/moden I didn't have this problem at all.

Is there a way I can manual add the a MAC address and give it an IP address?

Message 5 of 6
tallscott
Aspirant

After googling around a little I found something that worked.  What I did was enabled the Guest Network Settings.  I was able to get the Nest to protect to work this away.  

So what is different that it would allow it to work as a guest, but not the normal wireless?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7