Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't get my CM500 to connect with my Nighthawk AC1750

jtconnect
Follower

Can't get my CM500 to connect with my Nighthawk AC1750

ISP confirms good signal; I have the router set up using the app. The router is not getting a signal from the modem even with the ethernet cable connected. I have power cycled and checked the connection of all the cables.

Model: CM500|16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Can't get my CM500 to connect with my Nighthawk AC1750

Steps to try to figure out where the issues are. And things you can try.

1. do you get a signal if you hook your computer directly to the modem? Are the speeds good? this would confirm that the modem is working properly and that your provider is doing their job. 

2. (i know this sounds dumb) Are you plugged into the WAN port? Are you sure the cable is good?

3. Have you tried the power everything off and turn on in this order-->Modem (wait 2 minutes)-->Router

4. What firmware is your router running? Has it ever worked? 

5. Try logging into the router via the browser and not tha app. Many issues have been solved by not using the apps or genie and going directly through the browser.

6. Hard reset the router and start back from fresh. Maybe one of the settings in the router is messed up. 

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R6700/R6700_UM_22July2014.pdf    page 178 for how to reset.

install guide if you need it.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R6700/R6700_IG_6pg%20Cover+Interior_27May2014.pdf

Message 2 of 3
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Can't get my CM500 to connect with my Nighthawk AC1750

Please post some screenshots/details for folks to help to help you here.

If you have connected your CM500 to some other device such as laptop, Please be sure to REBOOT the device. 

do you get internet access if you hard-wire laptop directly to the CM500 and can run speedtest? If yes, that means CM500 is good. 

If no, that means you will need to post CM500 screenshots and make sure CM500 is activated with your ISP.

which router do you have? R6700? 

Please post the error screen in the app when you see the issue. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7