Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't login to cm1150v

cldlhd
Aspirant

Can't login to cm1150v

I just replaced my Comcast rented modem with a cm1150v 2 days ago. I'll get 360mbps down which is about 100 better then the old Arris but it will go down to 100mbps or lower pretty regularly until I reboot it. Also I can't login in to check the logs. Each time I try it says " this connection is not private" , I click sign in anyway and it just sends me back to the previous sign in screen.
Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: Can't login to cm1150v

Try using a different browser or pc. Its usually a google setting that has an option to click though. 

And then get a screen snip of the cable connections page and logs. That  can help us check the connection.

If you have any splitters, attenuators, or amplifiers in line, remove them. check the coax line for any damage, kinks, poor connectors or corrosion. If possible, move it to where the coax enters the home and try it there. 

Message 2 of 10
cldlhd
Aspirant

I'll give it a shot. I only have one coaxial cable coming into the house so it has to go to a splitter first because it also supplies my cable TV. It appears the slower speed is only in the one bedroom so I imagine that's down to the Wi-Fi. That's a bit surprising because it's a really good router. I'll try logging in on another browser on my phone instead of the laptop, thanks
Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

If its only over wifi, then its a router issue. The CM1150V doesn't have an integrated router. its a modem only. 

Message 4 of 10
cldlhd
Aspirant

I know. I realised it was only slow in the one room after I posted. I still can't login to the modem to see my logs though. Tried different browsers 

Message 5 of 10
plemans
Guru

what error is it giving you? 

What address are you using?  try 192.168.100.1

have you tried a different pc/device?

Message 6 of 10
cldlhd
Aspirant

Yes I've tried different browsers and I've also tried my phone instead of the laptop. When I punch that address in it requests a sign in with my username and my password. It also says that the connection is not private. When I enter my username and password and click sign in it just seems to refresh and have the same username and password request page but with the information I just
Entered already filled in
Message 7 of 10
cldlhd
Aspirant

I figured it out . I was attempting to login using my netgear account username and password instead of the default admin and password. I checked my logs and 31 out of 32 downstream channels are locked but only 4 out of 8 upstream are locked. not sure if thats normal or not. 

Message 8 of 10
plemans
Guru

That is normal 

Message 9 of 10
cldlhd
Aspirant

Ok cool and thanks.  My MOCA filter is at my point of entry before the splitter which splits the signal to my cable boxes and to the cable modem and wasn't sure if that could be wrong, although I don't think it is. I imagine I should change my my username and password for the modem login although for someone to login to my modem I assume they would have to be on my local network. 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7