Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't upgrade firmware on c6300

nrmccurt
Follower

Can't upgrade firmware on c6300

I'm a Cox customer and my firmware version is 2.0.14.  We are receiving DOS attacks and I wanted to upgrade my router to the newest version.  When I go to the Cox website, it says the newest version for my router is 2.0.18.  I have tried to no avail to get Cox to upgrade the router.  They are saying that the 2.0.18 version is only for the routers they provide for the same model and not ones purchased through retail.  Is there anyone eles that has experienced this?  Is there a way that I get my router upgraded to the newest version?

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 3

Re: Can't upgrade firmware on c6300

Hello,

I'm also a Cox customer and I contacted both Netgear and Cox technical support (via a conference call). I wasn't able to make any headway with this issue. Netgear said they couldn't provide the update (which I don't understand since they make the product) and Cox refused to push the firmware update because they did not want to be responsible if the modem became unresponsive. This is a gaping security issue with the C6300 Gateway and Netgear needs to provide a way for users to update this product.

Model: C6300BD-1TLAUS|DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Gateway Wi-Fi AC
Message 2 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Can't upgrade firmware on c6300

If your firmware is outdated, you cannot manually upgrade your cable modem’s or modem router’s firmware. You must contact your Internet service provider (ISP) to upgrade your firmware.

https://kb.netgear.com/000036375/What-s-the-latest-firmware-version-of-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mod...

DarrenM

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7