Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot Read Event Log

aweeast
Aspirant

Cannot Read Event Log

Just recently I have not been able to view the event log of my cable modem. I just get a spinning dial. Any thoughts?

My internet provider (Comcast) has been having intermittent issues for over a year now. Really frustrating dealing with them. 

Model: CM400|DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 1 of 5
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Cannot Read Event Log

pls post a screenshot here.

Message 2 of 5
aweeast
Aspirant

Attached is a screenshot. I have been able to get to the log many times in the past. It is just recently that I am unable to bring up the log. I was wondering, are there too many errors that it captured and the file is huge? I left the attached screen open for an hour and still no response.

Model: CM400v1|DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Did you try different web browsers?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
aweeast
Aspirant

Darren,

Yes, I did, with the same result. It turns out that Comcast found the line between our townhome units and the next building had considerable, but intermittent, degradation in the line and they had to replace it with an above ground line to make sure that would fix the problem.

As for the fix, I did a factory reboot on the modem and I was able to get back into the log. My theory is the log had too many error messages for it to be able to load the display. So the issue has been resolved.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7