Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot access router Readyshare

k100steve
Aspirant

Cannot access router Readyshare

This topic has been preciously posted, but I found no answers yet. Here's my situation:

- Netgear model C3000 router with Readyshare USB inserted.

- Windows 7 desktop able to access Readyshare

- Windows 10 laptop was previously able to access Readyshare. All of a sudden I get an access denied message saying:

"Not accessible. You might have permission to to use this network resource. Contact the administrator ... A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated."

No error number is attached.

None of the network settings on either machine have been changed.

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
k100steve
Aspirant

Re: Cannot access router Readyshare

In File Manager on the Window 10 PC I can see Readyshare. When I click on it to access the contents, I get the aforementioned message. It doesn't ask for a password. It just displays the "access denied" message.

As to Googleland, I've Googled the topic and found plenty of discussions, but nothing that has solved my problem. Not sure where to go next. For the time being, if I want to transfer files between the two systems, I resort to the old fashioned way of copying to and from a flash drive.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies

I suspect a Windows 10 networking issue.

Does the Windows 10 PC see the network and connect to other things?

When I use NAS and stuff on Windows I find that it is stricter in insisting on security than older versions of Windows. I have to provide the network security (Homegroup) password or the password assigned to the remote device.

Windows 10 also has a habit of forgetting these things form time to time.

There are plenty of messages on this topic out in Googleland.

Message 2 of 3
k100steve
Aspirant

In File Manager on the Window 10 PC I can see Readyshare. When I click on it to access the contents, I get the aforementioned message. It doesn't ask for a password. It just displays the "access denied" message.

As to Googleland, I've Googled the topic and found plenty of discussions, but nothing that has solved my problem. Not sure where to go next. For the time being, if I want to transfer files between the two systems, I resort to the old fashioned way of copying to and from a flash drive.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7