Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot connext to network

Cax80istrash
Aspirant

Cannot connext to network

Recent power outage here and my cax80 will not let me connect to the network via wifi or ethernet now. I've tired a factory reset, wps buttons or wifi buttons do not light up or work. I've resorted to using my old c7000v2 and everything works fine, just not as fast as the cax80 when it worked. Cax80 I guess is destined for the trash... Anywords of wisdom?
Message 1 of 11

What modem/gateway sits in front of the router?

Power cuts usually take out both the modem and the router on a network. When the power comes back on, they may start up in the wrong order, with the router starting before the modem is ready. That means that they get confused about which is in charge.

It may help to reboot the whole network in the right order.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

wps buttons or wifi buttons do not light up or work.

Tried pressing the wifi on/off switch?

Message 2 of 11
Cax80istrash
Aspirant

It's a modem router combo.
Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

After pressing the reset button for 10 seconds with the CAX80 connected to the ISP coax line, can you access the modems setup web page 192.168.1.1 at all with a wired PC and web browser? 

How long have you had the modem for?

@Cax80istrash wrote:
Recent power outage here and my cax80 will not let me connect to the network via wifi or ethernet now. I've tired a factory reset, wps buttons or wifi buttons do not light up or work. I've resorted to using my old c7000v2 and everything works fine, just not as fast as the cax80 when it worked. Cax80 I guess is destined for the trash... Anywords of wisdom?

Message 4 of 11
Cax80istrash
Aspirant

No I can not as I just attempted to with my laptop. I've had the modem now for maybe 6 months now I would say.
Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you try pressing the reset button for 1 full minute then release...

Also might try doing the 30/30/30 reset process. 

@olympos1625 

Message 6 of 11
Cax80istrash
Aspirant

Gave that a shot with nothing other than the power connected and still not able to get onto the network.
Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

I'll recommend you reach out to a forum moderator and ask for there help. Seems like a RMA maybe needed here.

@olympos1625 @DarrenM 

Message 8 of 11
Cax80istrash
Aspirant

Sounds good I'll reach out to one of those moderators. To figure out the rma process.
Message 9 of 11

@Cax80istrash wrote:
Sounds good I'll reach out to one of those moderators. To figure out the rma process.

Or go down the normal route, which may be where the moderators send you.

Start here:

https://my.netgear.com/home.aspx

Register the device, if you haven't already, and start the RMA process.

Message 10 of 11
Cax80istrash
Aspirant

Copy paste email response.

Thank you for your prompt response and I apologize for the inconvenience on the delayed response for your concern.

Since your device frequently disconnect after a few minutes and turned back on again and this happen after the power outage, a big possibility that your CAX80 power source (inside your router) or power adapter is affected due to electrical surge. You can try to test it with another power adapter and see if it resolve the issue. This circumstances is within the damage due to accident which we're not hold liable as per RMA policy and we hope for your understanding.
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7