Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Case #: 43414671 Escalate case

satvik
Aspirant

Case #: 43414671 Escalate case

Hi

I called the support and I am not being helped at all on this matter, you guys keep repeating the same things about getting the 6 months phone support when clearly the device is faulty. This is unacceptable that I have to followup for almost a month when clearly the device is faulty. I get bad range and poor speeds and my comcast agent has already visited and checked that the input LAN is much higher but the router fails to send appropriate speeds. I see 27mbps next to the router and 0.48 mbps 25 ft away from the router, I already had to pay $110 to comcast to come and check the connection and they determined that it was the router fault since input LAN speeds were much higher than what I got over WiFi. Now this router costs $100 and phone support is also almost the same, What is the point of me spending all this money if I am going to see temporary fixes and continue to have to use a unreliable and faulty device. I spoke to agents multiple times and they disconnected the calls if I did not agree to purchase the 6 months of phone support. One even went ahead and closed my case. I don't get how difficult it is for a customer to get the right service for a faulty device under warranty timeframes. I would like to escalate this issue.

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please contact a forum moderator to help yout out.

@vkdelta 

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Probably not related on threse low WiFi effective data rate numbers, however, the C3700 and the C3700v2 specs state:

• N600 Dual Band WiFi—300+300 Mbps
  • Cable Internet speeds up to 340 Mbps 

If you got the full wire speed as part of your cable contract (down 340Mb/s or more) - this is above the effective possible capacity of a N300 connection on either 2.4 and on 5 GHz. Some 200 Mb/s should be possible over wireless around the router. This is certainly less than what you can get over the LAN ports. But not as low as what you state.

Or can these be probably MB/s on the speed test? 27MBytes/s x8 would make some 216 Mbit/s - and that would be about right.

Message 3 of 6
satvik
Aspirant

Correct I had a N600 beforeI got this. But this router is suffering at speeds like 20-30 mbps itself, My lan gets 40+ on average however wifi gets 10-15mbps. And 25 ft away from the router it goes down to 0.5 - 10mbps range (Mostly on the lower side) I belive the issue is with the router component.

Message 4 of 6
dancho
Initiate

Same thing here.  My router never has worked (blinks orange power and 1,2,3,4 white).  It is defective.  It does not broadcast a signal, I cannot see the network name in the list of wifi networks.  Therefore I cannot update firmware or run any software tests.

I opened a case well within the 90 days, got a response immediately asking questions.  I replied to the email instead of uploading my replies to the website.  The router is not in my home, so I see it only rarely due to COVID.  Today, I decided to take up the case again.  It is closed.  It was closed October 7.  Phone support ended Oct 20.  Today is Oct 23.

The CSR I am speaking to tells me that I have to open a new case, so I did.  Then she tells me that I have to pay to talk to somebody above her.  This is absurd. 

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please contact a forum moderator to help yout out.

@vkdelta 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7