Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cax80 losing wifi connection multiple times per day

brettdotcom14
Aspirant

Cax80 losing wifi connection multiple times per day

my cax80 seems to lose wifi with all my device multiple times a day. i don't seem to lose internet just lose wifi long enough for my wifi devices to disconnect and have to reconnect. i haven't moved the anything, added anything, all the same devices only difference is i reinstalled the latest firmware to fix another issue.

i have movies saved on my tv that i stream to my tv via wifi and depending on the day could lose connection 2 times within an hour. i know when its going to happen because i have a wifi light switch and it blinks green every time it loses wifi connection. 

happens on either 2.4ghz or 5ghz band. i dont think my isp is to blame but i dont know i know it seems to happening more and more.

hopefully someone can chime in solution thanks

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Cax80 losing wifi connection multiple times per day

Do all devices have issues at the same time? or is it one/two devices at a time? 

Have you tried changing the wifi channel you're on? 

Message 2 of 6
brettdotcom14
Aspirant

all devices at once. i dont think ive had a problem since making this thread. so i still dont know if it was a netgear issue or my ISP issue. i saw a lot of others having less problems overnight as well. which is very strange. ill be back if problems persist 

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Also please send @DarrenM and @olympos1625 a PM message in regards to this. 

Message 4 of 6
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @brettdotcom14, 

Good day!

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear about your experience with the modem. May we know when did the issue start? Also, when you say the wifi of the CAX80 loses, did you mean the wifi name disappears then reappear?

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 5 of 6
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @brettdotcom14,

We would like to do a follow-up on this one.

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7