Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Changeover from CG3100D BPAUS form copper to optic fibre

Aussie123
Aspirant

Changeover from CG3100D BPAUS form copper to optic fibre

I have been using the CG3100D 2BPAUS for sometime, and the modem has been excellent, as Wi Fi is disabled.

I suffer a central nervous system disorder, which makes very will when I exposed to wifeless radiation.  Out home is wireless free and my home has been shielded against outside radiation.  I can't have any wireless in my home.

Now that my cable provider is connecting my corded phone and broadband Internet to NBN optic fibre, they keep on insisting that I must have their modem that has two Wi Fi emitters (2.5GHz & 5GHz) and only one function switch to disable 2.5GHz.  To disable the 5GHz is impossible and will not disable.  Because of my illness I cannot have the 5GHz in our home.

I had advised my cable provider for over two years of my illness when they tried to force me to use their Gateway Max and the 5GHz couldn't be disabled.

I need a modem that is much the same as the GC3100D AUSBP, that has a function switch to disable the 2.5GHz, but it needs a green phone jack connection to connect my non-wireless (corded) phone to.

I can't understand why the provider is bullying me and trying to force me to have a 5GHz in my home, when it's has nothing to do with my contract with them.  Why provide a green phone connection on the back of modem and a Wi Fi ON/OFF switch and nothing for the 5GHz that they claim can be disabled and it cannot be disabled.

For the sake of my health and my wife's health (who has cancer), why the provider is radiating me against my will with the 5GHz that isn't part of my contract.

Can anyone suggest a Netgear that has phone (green) comments, funcition swithc to turn Wi Fi OFF and no 5GHz?

I require a modem that has'nt 5GHz in it that I can use safely because of my illness that has normal non--wireless connection

Model: C3000|N300 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0,CG3100D-2BPAUS|Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 5
antinode
Guru

Re: Changeover from CG3100D BPAUS form copper to optic fibre

> [...] I can't have any wireless in my home. [...]

Sounds to me like pseudo-science, but I assume that any discussion on
that topic would be pointless.  (And in which, I won't participate
here.)

> [...] I must have their modem [...]

Which is a what, exactly?

> I can't understand why the provider is bullying me [...]

Perhaps because they have no equipment to offer which would be
acceptable to you.  (Which would be quite reasonable, if the equipment
which they do offer presents no actual hazard.)

If I believed that the EM radiation from a typical wireless router
presented some actual hazard (which I do not), and that was the only
device type which my ISP supported, then I might visit my local hardware
store, buy enough aluminum window screening to construct a Faraday cage
around my "dangerous" gizmo, and surround my "dangerous" gizmo with this
"protective" device.  I calculate the wavelength at 5GHz to be about
6cm, which is much larger than typical window-screen mesh, so it should
be (physically, if not psychologically) effective.

Or, as a quick Web search for terms like, say:

shielding wireless router

suggests, there are commercially produced (often overpriced) shielding
devices available in abundance, for the protection of the gullible (from
everything but themselves).

Then I'd start to worry about the radiation from the Ethernet cables
which are still in use.

Message 2 of 5
Aussie123
Aspirant

My original posting for help and compassion was written under stress and duress and I was having a meltdown and couldn’t get my words together. I had been searching for a safe modem to replace my Netgear CG3100D. I just read what I posted and I could see I was having a bad time with my illness (peripheral neuropathy and distal myopathy) while writing the posting above.

I am an 82-year old ex-military, ex-Vietnam veteran and my illness was caused by working long-term and prolonged periods in the military communications network and all the other crap I was exposed to in Vietnam. I got rejected when I returned from Vietnam and it really craps me off when I still endure rejection from your criticism and belittling.

I know my posting was disjointed and rambling, because I am elderly and suffer a debilitating CNS illness as further exposure severely affects my central and peripheral nervous system. At the same time my wife is ill with brain cancer and I am visiting her in hospital twice a day, and my illness is made worse to the exposure of high levels of microwave non-ionised radiation in the hospital and a number of phone towers that loom over the hospital. I can’t stay long and have to get home quickly to my safe unit and recover.

My posting was asking for help and compassion not criticism.

I need a Netgear or any modem similar to the Netgear CG3100D that works over HFC, but has a "green phone jack" connection for my corded phone and no 5GHz transmitter installed into it. The SMART modem my server sent out with the technician had the "green phone jack" and all connected up and worked well, but the 5GHz transmitter couldn't be disabled.

Can’t you understand the seriousness of my health and label it pseudo-science, when I am calling out for help on a matter that has a bearing human health?

Can you help me instead of criticising and belittling me?

I cannot have any wireless in my home whatsoever.

Have read of the pseudo-science at this site, particularly US DIA (1976), as I was one of those military personnel affected: https://www.orsaa.org/research-papers.html

Message 3 of 5
antinode
Guru

> [...] my illness is made worse to the exposure of high levels of
> microwave non-ionised radiation [...]

I doubt it, but I don't expect to see a double-blind test on this
hypothesis any time soon.

> Can you help me instead of criticising and belittling me?

I tried.  I suggested shielding.  (Maxwell's laws are real science.)

Message 4 of 5
Aussie123
Aspirant

What a shame, we do have people like you around who can't help a person in need. All I am askling is information to find a safe Netgear modem, and you waste your time insulting and belittling me.  What a shame---water off a duck's back.

Be blessed in your lack of concern and compassion.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7