Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cm-1100

sbarr0
Aspirant

Cm-1100

With the cm-1100 having two Ethernet ports, can I plug my router in one and pc in the other. Or is the two ports only for the redundancy with the appropriate nighthawk router?
Model: CM1100|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.1
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Cm-1100

Most ISP's only supply one ip address unless you pay for more (multiple IP's or 2gbps speeds) . Plugging a computer into the 2nd port will only create problems with connecting your router. connect your router to the one port and let it handle the routing  🙂 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Most ISP's only supply one ip address unless you pay for more (multiple IP's or 2gbps speeds) . Plugging a computer into the 2nd port will only create problems with connecting your router. connect your router to the one port and let it handle the routing  🙂 

Message 2 of 4
sbarr0
Aspirant

Thanks!
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

The 2nd port is for WAN Link Aggregation. You can enabled this if you have a router that supports WAN LAG on it's WAN side. Like the R7960P does. 

@sbarr0 wrote:
With the cm-1100 having two Ethernet ports, can I plug my router in one and pc in the other. Or is the two ports only for the redundancy with the appropriate nighthawk router?

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7