Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cm1000 health check

AverageJoe88
Aspirant

Cm1000 health check

I don't know what any of this means. Can someone please tell me if everything looks good or should I schedule a tech to come check things out.DBE4B1BB-7983-45B5-B7DF-92EB69BD60F1.png

1D3D08C3-C1AA-4320-89EA-06ADE36EB388.png

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 8
AverageJoe88
Aspirant

Re: Cm1000 health check

Message 2 of 8
plemans
Guru

It means your power levels are half way decent. They're a little out of spec as the downstream should be within 3.5dbmv of each other. They just a little bit out of that but you're not showing any errors in the line. 

are you having issues?

Message 3 of 8
AverageJoe88
Aspirant

no issues streaming movies or web surfing, but when i’m gaming something feels off. i get a lot of micro stutters during gun fights in apex legends, my fps will drop. i have the cm 1000 and xr500. everything looks good on my end. i have gig speeds. with no packet loss. could the out of spec power levels be the reason for this? from the main drop it’s hooked up to a ground block, from there i have it connected to a poe filter directly connected to a 2 way splitter. then i have a coax running to modem and the other to dvr box.
Message 4 of 8
plemans
Guru

have you tried it with the game console connected directly to the modem?

Message 5 of 8
AverageJoe88
Aspirant

yeah i tried that i was still stuttering during gun fights but i’m good now. i just bought a samsung ssd and put all my games on there and did a factory reset on the xbox. so much better now. gameplay feels much smoother and more responsive. just a quick question though, is there a way to get my power levels specs to where they need to be. i replaced all the coax cables, and removed all splitters but 1. and also using a ground block and poe filter.
Message 6 of 8
plemans
Guru

Is there a reason you have a poe filter? (maybe you mean a moca filter?)

Have you tried going splitter--->modem

|

filter

|

tv/cable box

Message 7 of 8
laoer67
Aspirant

Yes I am facing the same confusion about it and looking to take guide about the health issue I watched some sites but did not find the right solution thats why I am here to take guide.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7