Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cm1200 modem incessantly dropping connection

LindaMc
Tutor

Cm1200 modem incessantly dropping connection

It started about the time the news about Netgear security vulnerability came out. Since then I get about 1/2 hour to an hour of internet before the connection fails. Tech visit yesterday checked lines and had them set up the modem again in their system. By this morning the internet had failed again. Call to ISP tech and they say the modem looks connected on their end yet modem shows no world light. Any suggestions? I’m poised to return this thing as defective and switch to another brand.
Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

What router is it connected to? 

Does it work fine if you directly connect a pc/laptop to it?

Another thing to keep in mind with th CM1200. It has 4x ethernet ports but the average user can only use 1. (port 1). Reason why is most ISP's only supply 1 public ip address for consumer setups. That means only 1 device can connect to it. Some routers have wan port aggregation so they can connect that 1 device to ports 1 and 2 but I wouldn't recommend wan port aggregation. 

so make sure only 1 device is connected to it. 

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What security vulnerability would that be?

@vkdelta 

@LindaMc wrote:
It started about the time the news about Netgear security vulnerability came out. Since then I get about 1/2 hour to an hour of internet before the connection fails. Tech visit yesterday checked lines and had them set up the modem again in their system. By this morning the internet had failed again. Call to ISP tech and they say the modem looks connected on their end yet modem shows no world light. Any suggestions? I’m poised to return this thing as defective and switch to another brand.

Message 3 of 7
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

pls post the event log and Powe table /connection table.

Message 4 of 7
LindaMc
Tutor

Thanks all for the thoughts.  I returned the CM1200.  Done with Netgear.  I don't have time to mess with this stuff, am actively supporting vaccine development/production (yes, for the obvious) and do not have time to deal with this, it's accelerating my grey hair.

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

Well good luck with your next model/brand! Hopefully it works as you expect
Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats